Popular Post
Recent Post

Friday, March 20, 2009

Vintage telephone action

blu/white phonepink phoneold black/pink phone
old phonetarget phoneold black phone
I love a nice old bulbous, bakelite phone. But I wanted one that I'd actually use - and the circular dial variety, gorgeous piece of design that it it is, was never going to work. It takes about ten minutes just to dial a number, seriously. So I went for the next oldest option, push-button (like the one on the bottom row, far left, above). It's almost hi-tech. Mine came from Radio Days, a really dinky little treasure trove of a shop in Lower Marsh, Waterloo and it cost under £50, fully reconditioned. But you can find similar in Ebay's retro telephone section. It's a small touch but I think it really stands out in my sitting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment