Popular Post
Recent Post

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Perfect Queenslander

A few years ago, a lovely old Queenslander in one of Brisbane's older suburbs came on the market. Although it was beautiful from the outside, it was the renovation of the interior spaces that made this home so special.

 
original facade (if this looks familiar it was also in my first post )

.



 
 all images from here


The owners retained much of the original colonial, then used the sloping block to build in underneath, adding a second level with teenage retreat, rumpus, decks, and a great outdoor area. It was really well-considered and the presentation was flawless. For me, this is a perfect example of how to blend old and new without compromising style or space.

Ah, to dream!

Kerri x


p.s. I'm still working on my paintings (more on that story later!) so I'll post that update tomorrow. Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment