Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My big plan...the epic part II

Hi all,

Forgive my terrible lack of posts over the past few days, but I've been just a tiny bit preoccupied with a little kitchen makeover project. You know the one I mean, don't you? The one I guessed would be whipped into shape in a few short days, as easy as you like and without me even breaking a sweat? Yep, that one!

So...without any further delay, here are the first pics of my new and improved kitchen.







Here's a reminder of what it looked like before:



and now...


Now, bear in mind there are still a few finishing touches needed - the skirting and trim needs to go on the new beadboard under the island bench, I'll install a new blind on the window, and of course I'll need to buy some snazzy new accessories, but I can't begin to tell you how different the house looks and feels - it's so much brighter, the room feels bigger, and it lightens the whole area like you would not believe. I will of course post pictures of the whole room, from every conceivable angle, once all the ugly mess is gone for good. And for those who are interested, I'll give you the complete DIY run-down of everything I did, and how it was done.

To say that I'm LOVING the room now is an understatement.The kids arrived home yesterday, to see me perched on my stepladder, cup of tea in hand, sighing wistfully to myself as I admired my handiwork. The kids accused me of thinking I was all that and more, to which I replied, 'actually, I think I'm awesome to the power of sick!!'

Thanks for waiting so patiently for my big reveal, and for all your gorgeous comments - you guys are amazing and your encouragement means the world to me. There is, of course, a downside to this makeover - everything else looks so shabby in comparison! Hmm, I can feel some more renovating coming on........



p.s. the beadboard is actually white, not blue as it appears.

all images by me

No comments:

Post a Comment