Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just a little bit cheeky......

You might remember this post, when I mentioned I was working on a commission for some large abstracts? Well, I finished another one today, which I'll show you in just a minute. Being the impatient soul that I am, I can't wait to see photos of my work in situ, but sometimes it can take quite a while. So, I thought it would be fun to redesign some rooms with the click of a button, all via the wonders of PhotoShop (seriously some of the best money I ever spent, in spite of the fact that I'm a complete novice!) Ok, ready to take a look at my virtual designs? Let's go.

My client sent a picture of a room (designed by the very talented Elizabeth Bauer and featured in the June/July issue of Lonny magazine) as a guide to the colour palette she'd like in her painting. Which then gave me the idea to 'virtually' hang the artwork in that same room. So here it is, albeit hung horizontally this time....


...and the original room, via Lonny magazine. I love Elizabeth's use of bright colour, and after all - who wouldn't enjoy living in such a happy space?

the original via Lonny


And here's the actual painting, in detail... 

'Sway'
mixed media on canvas
750mm x 1000mm
private commission

And then there was no stopping me! Here's a room I love, from Canadian House and Home, tweaked to feature a piece from my 'Into the Blue' series.



...and the original

who needs windows anyway?

And one last one - I added my 'Sea Coral III in Denim' to this room which was featured in the now-defunct Metropolitan Home magazine (although I do love the original abstract)





So, what do you think of my virtual designs? Of course, this was just a bit of fun and in no way am I suggesting that the original rooms aren't fantastic - I love all of them, which is why they've been saved in my inspiration files. But it's a great way to picture artwork in situ, particularly large pieces, and I think it can be a valuable tool when you're decorating a room. 

Right, I've done enough 'virtual' work for one day - better do some of the real stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment