Popular Post
Recent Post

Monday, June 28, 2010

Is this Australia's perfect house?

A few years ago, there was an article in the paper about a property that had been awarded Australia's best. There was a small picture of the house, and when I saw it, it literally took my breath away. Of course, that small pic only whet my appetite for more, and after some serious stalking, I found just what I was looking for. Take a look. Perfect location (Byron Bay hinterland - delicious!) and beautifully considered design. No wonder this home took out the top prize - I don't think it gets much better than this:

the home features a 100 year-old turret from Scots College, Warwick (A-M, this one's for you!)





 the dam is stocked with perch


 
I might just take a dip in the 21 metre infinity-edge pool



there's a section of rare rainforest on the 100 acre property



the home took five years to build - the 150 custom-made verandah posts were designed especially for the property

the attention to detail is amazing - look at those windows!



no, this isnt the main house - it's just the garage/games room/studio



the home was decorated by Coco Republic - nothing but the best


You can read more about this gorgeous home here and here. It was on the market for only $7.5 million. Worth every penny I think - if only I had enough of those pennies to snap it up for myself!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, wishing my son luck with his football. They worked wonders - the boys won both games convincingly yesterday! Fingers crossed today will bring more of the same - they have one more pool match this morning, before heading into finals over the rest of the week.

Hope you all have a great day too,

No comments:

Post a Comment