Popular Post
Recent Post

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mixing it up

I don't know about you, but I find I'm drawn to many different decorating styles, making it hard to commit to just one. One day I'm lusting after Atlanta Bartlett's serene white rooms, full of chippy, shabby but oh-so-chic vintage pieces, and the next I'm coveting the whole beachy, Ralph Lauren/Cape Cod/Hamptons vibe.....I'm nothing if not fickle! But you know, who says you have to choose just one look? I love the fact that interiors have evolved so much in recent times, probably due in no small part to a little phenomenon called blogging, which means we're spoiled for choice when it comes to gorgeous, inspirational images of every style imaginable. Nowdays, anything goes, and for me most beautiful homes are those that truly reflect the taste and personality of those living there.

I really love the juxtoposition of traditional, vintage furniture, married with an eclectic piece of art. And it seems I'm not alone. If you take a look at these images from my files, you'll see that there's always a quirky element, a touch of the unexpected. You'll probably recognise many of these pics, some of which have been hugely popular in the blogosphere, which only confirms my theory - a good room can become a great room if you add even one unique piece.


unsure of the source - sorry- but I love the hit of turquoise in this otherwise traditional room






These next few rooms are the work of the supremely talented Anna Spiro. She's the master of combining an eclectic mix of furniture with injections of bright colour, to create uniquely beautiful spaces.














phoebe howard

This is the work of two fabulous local girls, leibowitzandmclachlan.com


So, what do you think? Do you like a mix of old and new, a touch of the quirky and unexpected, or do you think you should stick to the same style? Love to know what you think.

Oh, and on the subject of art (how's that for a sneaky little segue!?!) don't forget to enter my giveaway of an original painting of the winner's choice. You've gotta be in it to win it, so get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment