Popular Post
Recent Post

Monday, February 21, 2011

Table lamp turned Sconce

Don't try this at home unless you are totally comfortable with electrocution, sandpaper hands, and browsing Home Depot for hours searching for a "metal plate thingy that has holes in it"

Ok I'll just get to it. A couple of you lovers have emailed me about my lighting above my sink. I made it myself from a table lamp purchased for 45 bucks! 

Well here is what it looked like before.....


I took the base off to expose the wires...This particular task lamp had a huge bulky base so I went to Home Depot and bought a slimmer ceiling canopy plate. I then had to search for a sconce plate which was not an easy task....I ended up making one myself....Not photographed


 I ran the wires through and then screwed the plate on with a washer.


Basically a bunch of tinkering and messing around with wires I created this...




I was so inspired by this idea that I was a repeat offender and did the same thing in my office.

Before

After

* ignore the cork board...there is still no trim or cord cover on the light. Oh... and definitely ignore the wall color*








No comments:

Post a Comment