Popular Post
Recent Post

Monday, March 28, 2011

C-C-Changes In The Office

For the past few years I have run Marianne Strong Interiors out of our house. It has been a love/hate relationship. In some ways it is great to work from home. I know Harry (dog) approves. In other ways it is really hard- loss of a room in the house and never escaping work completely. As business grew I definitely outgrew the space, the temporary fix has been my "second office" also known as storage unit for samples, furniture, etc. Until now. I have been looking for space on and off for a while now but when you are busy the task easily moves to the back burner. However, the arrival of new family member on the horizon means it is time to step up the search. I will keep you in the loop, I have not found space yet, but when I do here are some images serving as inspiration...Of course I will need a big inspiration board. By no means a new or novel idea but I use mine all the time.
Maybe a whole wall? More is more right? I told Harry if I moved out his mug would be prominent above my desk, he doesn't seem to think that is a good deal in the least.
I put this picture in because I like it visually. I can tell you honestly that my office has never looked this organized a day in its life.
The decorator who I started with always had white offices, I really do think this is the way to go for a work office in this field. I need some color though so that is why this picture is here, to show that a little can go a long way...
How to organize the fabric swatches...that is the question isn't it? I find when I meet other decorators/designers this topic always comes up and no one has found a perfect way yet...
Yes, yes, yes....
Natural light is a must (and apparently hard to find in my budget range). Something like this what I am talking about; I will bet you a million dollars though this in not what I will find. Any takers? Anyone? I could use some extra moolah these days!
One of the best examples of what I have in mind is Suzanne Kasler's Atlanta offices. I am dying for a tour...
More to come as the search continues...

Images 1-5 Elle Decor, 6 & 7 House Beautiful, 8 Metropolitan Home, 9 & 10 Altanta Homes & Lifestyles

No comments:

Post a Comment