Popular Post
Recent Post

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rad house becoming more rad every day.

Here are some photos of things that have been happening lately at the house.

Tree down and stump to be ground tomorrow. Us - 1, Nature - 0.

My folks were able to come down and get their first look at our future home on my birthday. They had some great ideas about wiring and are very excited and supportive of this huge project.

Tub's in. Our cat Sampson loves bath time with Nellie so we already know he'll be fan.

All the windows and doors are now framed and should be installed very soon. Siding is also being replaced as needed.

The back yard is coming along and you can see all the siding that's been replaced here. Now what to do about that roof?

Small can lighting in the back of the main hallway. Most of the wiring is now done. Miles and his electrician have been great about getting this all done right and have been very accommodating of our needs.

These three windows are in the front of the kitchen and are where we'll put a dining room table. They really bring a lot of light and give a great open feel. I must say I'm pretty stoked about seeing this kitchen coming together and I'm already dreaming of all the awesomeness that I will cook up once we're moved in.


Eman and Miles discuss framing. At least I think that's what they were talking about - I don't speak Spanish well enough to know. Eman has already done so much amazing work on our house and we can't thank him enough. Hopefully the homemade chocolate chip cookies I made for all the folks working on the house helped. I really need to learn how to say "you, my friend, are a carpentry animal" in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment