Popular Post
Recent Post

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sixx Design and Downtown Chic

My love for design books is no secret so when I received Downtown Chic in the mail I was so excited. Usually I just flip through books absorbing the pictures but I read this whole book and I must say I am feeling inspired.
The book follows Robert and Courtney Novogratz through their amazing projects- turning undesirable places into unique, well designed homes.
What I loved most about this book is since they use objects found off the beaten path, every space is a breath of fresh air. They truly have a unique aesthetic.
This basketball court was built on top of their building, throughout this book I kept thinking, "I wonder if their kids know how insanely lucky they are".
Downtown Chic left me wanting to know more about them, luckily they have a show coming to Bravo in the spring, Design Sixx. Be sure to check out more of their work HERE and I definitely recommend adding this book to your design library.

No comments:

Post a Comment