Popular Post
Recent Post

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Art attack

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone for your get-well wishes - you guys are so sweet. I'm feeling much better today, and I'm sure those couple of lazy days doing absolutely nothing have helped no end. So while I've quite enjoyed kicking back, watching dvds and catching up on reading, I do find it quite frustrating not to be working on my cabinet makeover - especially when it's sitting right in front of me! That's been set aside for when I can muster the energy, so in the meantime my thoughts have turned to painting.

When it comes to my art, I probably have enough ideas to last a lifetime. This week has been great for giving me time to plan, refocus and potter around my studio - I've cleaned and tidied my desk (which was no mean feat!), finished a couple of orders, and started to pull together some bits and pieces for my next piece. I've also organised to frame this work my youngest daughter did at school recently:



I love it, and the fact that she designed the whole thing herself is pretty impressive I think. Once it's framed, I'll hang it in my studio, alongside some other masterpieces by my older two.

Right, now that I've spent most of this post bragging, I'll show you a few of the things I'll be using in some of my own works. I'm always on the lookout for really diverse bits and pieces, and my plan is to incorporate them into some mixed-media works that will soon be for sale. 


Japanese paper, wood blocks, hand-made parchment, jute twine...mmm




I'm really keen to get started, so I'll catch you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment