Popular Post
Recent Post

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Office-Part One: In On The Ground Floor

There are so many lines I could start this post with:

"Beggars can't be choosers", "Life is all about compromise", "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well you might find you get what you need".So this is what my new office looked like the first time I saw it. I actually came to this building to look at another office upstairs. I fell in love with the building, it is an old school that they are redoing to be historically accurate (talk about speaking my language). However, I wasn't in love with the tiny space (not shown) upstairs. Between being pregnant, having a chronic back injury and knowing how many samples- fabric books, tile, etc. I carry in and out I was not thrilled to be up a flight of stairs.

However, when you have a small budget you can't be picky. But you never know what is just around the corner, or in this case just downstairs. The guy who owns the building gave me a tour and low and behold there on the first floor (unfinished they are completing the upstairs first) was a diamond in the rough. And as Mom always says, it never hurts to ask. So I asked him if I moved in to the unfinished office would he work with me...and he did. And just like that another dream started to come to fruition...

More to come in another post but this what it looked like when he handed over the keys. He did finish the floors and somewhat clean up the wiring but the walls and ceiling are still completely exposed. To be honest, except for the noise I would keep it that way forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment