Popular Post
Recent Post

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Better Together..Market Part 1

I went to High Point for the purpose of finding new sources, a goal that was well exceeded. Market was great!!! While I did find new sources which I am really excited about, the best part was actually something else. The most gratifying and beneficial aspect was time spent with peers/friends, I did not realize how much I needed it. This industry at times can be hard and draining and sometimes you need a little jump start...some new inspiration to get you excited again. I found that in Camila, Lauren and Traci (not pictured sadly, don't know how we didn't get a picture). It is so refreshing to spend time with others going through what you are, knowing exactly how you feel. Talking to all of them was such a breath of fresh air. Isn't it amazing how you can feel like you have known someone forever?
I am a big believer in time spent with mentors and peers. Right now is a big transition time for me and every conversation I have had over the past few months with someone from either group has really been a blessing. I am so thankful to have such a great support system to call on for advice and camaraderie.
So onto Market- well, I thought I would have more time to go through pictures but I ran out of time so I will give you a preview and show you much, much more tomorrow. I can tell you that among the trends we saw were- large art, fun prints on upholstery, leather in every color and.....peacock- the color and actual bird.
We were shocked by this since it feels like peacock (both types) came and went but apparently they are here for a while. The festive birds/the color were EVERYWHERE. Alright, time to get going, more to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment