Popular Post
Recent Post

Friday, May 6, 2011

Calling Cards?

Ever notice how with some designers you can always tell it's there work because they tend to put a personal "stamp" on each room? I have a thing for spotting these "stamps" out and I guess as a designer I am always trying to figure out my own calling card or "stamp"..... What makes a room I do look like a room that I did...thoughts?


For example: 


Nicky Kehoe: This particular design team loves their typography and symbols. Letters and words seem to be hidden in a lot of there rooms artwork. I think they do it well and I like the added touch it gives to the spaces they create.







Kelly Weartstler always has some humongous weird headless bust or a giant pile of golden horse poop in every room she does...I always associate her style with strange accoutrement's that are both annoying and awesome at the same time.








Peter Dunham: This fella LOVES his own designed fabrics and from the looks of things it seems that when you hire him to decorate your space, there is no doubt you better LOVE his fabrics as well cause they will be littered throughout your home...To me this is a great thing considering I am a big fat fan of all things Dunham.











Amanda Nisbet: She is so talented let me tell you. She can literally take any ol' crap and make it shine. Her calling card is pops of color. She will take one particular color and pop it throughout the room. Below I showed you her purple pops...she likes those.







Tell me if you have noticed other designers calling cards... I am intrigued. 


Do you think mine might be funky rugs? a bit of ethnic? hmmm


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment