Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Affordable Art Fair in actually affordable shocker


It's a shocker to me, anyway. I can't believe I've never been to this weekend's Affordable Art Fair (22-24 October) in south London's Battersea Park. It's only round the corner. No excuse. Except I think I've always thought - yeah, but it's not really affordable, is it?

When my parents bought a huge, stunning oil painting of a couple snatching a secret moment in a bar a few years ago, I thought perhaps I should give it a go. Then they told me how much they'd paid for it - the Fair's range is £50-£3000 which is cheap in the art world, but not necessarily in the post-recession world.

But now, rather excitingly, I've just discovered the AAF is part of the Own Art scheme, meaning you can buy an artwork and pay it off in interest-free instalments over 10 months. So, above, this collectable Pam Glew (in the Autumn AAF, her work sold out in one night) works out at just £49 a month. While, above, Rob Ryan - whose work has previously filled the Christmas window display at Liberty and appeared in Vogue - can be snapped up for £200 per month. Get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment