Popular Post
Recent Post

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Love The One You're With- Emily A. Clark

I am so excited to share with you the next post in the "Love The One You're With Post". Emily, from Emily A. Clark, is one of the sweetest bloggers you could ever hope to meet. I was thrilled to meet her in New York, then we shared a cab back to our hotel and it wasn't a ride I will soon forget! I know I have said this before but I swear we could have been life long friends....

I'm really loving Marianne's idea for this series. So many times, it's easy for us (especially those of us who love design!) to focus on what still needs to be done instead of all that we've accomplished and enjoy about our own homes. In other words, I'm glad Marianne is forcing me to be positive for a day instead of adding to my wish list and scrutinizing every last detail of my own decor.

So, on that note, I'll share the one space in our home that I am currently enjoying most--our home office. It's tucked away downstairs, and was one of the main selling points for me when I first looked at our floorplan.

I loved the idea of having a space where I could "escape" away from the chaos of the rest of the house. And, while the process of decorating it was a slow one, I made a plan, took my time and used colors and pieces that really felt like "me."
I started by repainting this campaign dresser (a thrift store find) a bright kelly green. I've always been so drawn to color, especially painted furniture, and thought this would be a stylish storage solution.
The wall above it also gave me an opportunity to display some of my favorite family photographs. I am not the world's best at actually printing photos and having them framed, but this wall makes me happy every time I look at it.
Not only do I love a brightly painted piece of furniture, but I also have a thing for "happy" fabrics. This one is called "Wilmington" by Covington and gave the space a much needed dose of pattern against the dark gray walls.
And, finally, I love the big Expedit bookcase (from IKEA). It has a really clean look with tons of storage for my favorite books, design magazines, etc. Even if I don't have time to read them, it's nice to be surrounded by them.

Thanks to Marianne for the opportunity to be on her wonderful blog. I had the chance to meet her last month in NYC and she is just as sweet as she is beautiful. I could've spent hours talking to her. Unfortunately, most of our time consisted of a 30-minute cab ride together that ended with me leaving my phone in the backseat. But, that's another story, for another day. . .

Now that is one talented blogger! I am dying over that office- the gray, the green, the curtains, the storage. Love, Love, Love. Thank you Emily for being part of this series!!!! If you haven't yet, be sure to check out Emily A. Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment