Popular Post
Recent Post

Friday, October 8, 2010

Chinoiserie watercolours - and a huge thank you!

Firstly, let me thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful support of my mirror makover at Design Refuge.  I know I've said it before, but I consider myself so lucky to have met such wonderful people since starting my blog earlier this year. I've found the blogging community to be so warm and friendly, and I'm so glad I bit the bullet and started my own blog after reading and enjoying so many others.Thanks to you all for taking the time out of your busy lives to vote for me - you guys really are the best!

Ok, just a quick update on this not-so-sunny Brissie morning. Instead of our planned surfing safari with Gidget to the beach, the weather has given me the perfect opportunity to finish a painting in a new Chinoiserie series I'm working on. After my lovely artist friend Mariska (from I used to be Snow White but I Drifted) suggested I add some blues and greens to my next painting, I took her advice and this is the result:


 Chinoiserie in Green

The new series will feature chinoiserie of every description, in lots of different colourways. Oh, and I've just started a new Facebook page specifically for my paintings - here's the link if you'd like to pop on over and say hi:


Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend,

images by Driftwood Interiors
artwork copyright 2010

linking up to Remodelaholics's For Sale by Owner link party

No comments:

Post a Comment